Wanted: 3D Print Lab Coordinator With Design Skills
UPDATE: POSITION FILLED 1/18/2020
T-SEC partners with SUNY Rockland (Rockland Community College/RCC) in support of our 3D Printing SMARTT lab which is a 3D print center located in Haverstraw.
It is available to students from RCC as well as to New York State manufacturers and entrepreneurs.
The lab houses several T-SEC funded 3D printers, including a state of the art Stratasys J750. The lab also features several Solidworks site licenses.
We are aiding RCC as they search for a talented designer who can confidently manage the SMARTT Lab.
The ideal candidate will have top-notch CAD modeling skills and will demonstrate attention to detail, a flair for creativity, and the ability to communicate with clarity.
You will be bringing inventors and business owners’ ideas to fruition and must do so in a fashion that exceeds expectations.
We are especially interested in individuals that have experience with 3D CAD product design using Solidworks.
Please read the following description of the job position. We encourage you to apply if you are interested and think you would be a good fit.
Position: 3D SMARTT LAB COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Haverstraw Support Technician (3D SMARTT Lab Prototyping Specialist/CAD Technician) will coordinate responsibilities that relate to the Haverstraw Center’s (HC) 3D SMARTT LAB. Works collaboratively with all RCC staff and students, grant representatives, community partners, and clients to ensure that the lab is marketed and utilized in the manner in which it is intended.
- Prepares and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for scheduling of lab, lab utilization and reporting, materials inventory and costs, and timely production overviews and schedules of all lab prints (to include cost assessment) to all lab clients.
- Gathers information from business, industry, community and professional organizations to create training, courses, and programs to meet their professional development and workforce development needs.
- Provides support for clients and students in the 3D SMARTT LAB.
- Serves as a mentor to students and orchestrates activities to support mentees’ interest in 3D Printing and design.
- Supervises student interns and part-time student employees within the 3D-Printing Lab.
- Facilitates all 30-Printing/Prototyping activities. Assists with designing, drafting.
- Provides leadership and oversees the activities of the 3D Printing SMARTT LAB.
- Provides general maintenance and evaluation of equipment. Arranges for repair or replacement of equipment. Ensures proper set-up, operation, breakdown, storage, and care of equipment.
- Provides expertise and support for staff/faculty/students/clients.
- Ensures consistency in the implementation of College policies and procedures as well as the policies/procedures regarding the 3D SMARTT Lab.
- Liaises and provides assistance to the grantor and all relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate workshops and instructs non-credit bearing courses.
- Maintains accurate user logs and keeps T-SEC and other stakeholders apprised of monthly usage.
- Evening and weekend hours required as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor Degree related to Industrial Design, Architecture, Engineering or a similar field. Must be proficient with computer-aided design software. Preferably 2-3 years of experience with concept development and design, and working knowledge of 3D printing. Skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and Solidworks are a plus. Ability to teach/instruct teens and children as well as adult learners.
Innovative thinker with the ability to enhance the visibility of the SMARTT LAB through outreach and community engagement. Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills; experience working with diverse populations.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience
Submit Resumes to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rockcc&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MPOpens a New Window.
Application Deadline: Search will remain open until a candidate is selected, however, to ensure consideration resumes should be received by October 18, 2019.
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate. Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts that are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.orgOpens a New Window. to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by the applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.