Helium leak detection is a way to perform “nondestructive” testing. There are other leak detection methods but none considered as accurate in terms of localizing and quantifying, as helium leak detection method.
A Leak Detector such as the one T-SEC owns is useful for checking where the leaks are in very high vacuum vessels, normally in semiconductor fabrication, aerospace, chemical, or sometimes optical systems.
INFICON T-Guard™ Leak Detection Sensor delivers the sensitivity and speed helium leak detectors are known for, at a cost similar to pressure decay systems.
It features an integrated pump and can be used to test individual components rather than large systems, providing up to 100 times the sensitivity of pressure decay and water bath detectors, with low cost of ownership and high ease of use. The measurements are also highly repeatable, even with large, warm or humid test objects.
Testing chambers for hermetic seal, leak-tightness of vacuum systems, high or ultra-high vacuum equipment for semiconductor, aerospace or chemical systems. Useful wherever pressure decay and water bath systems are used or are not sensitive enough Leak detection for water coolers and radiators Big valves, e.g. for chemical applications Manufacturers of automotive gas lines and tanks Leak detection involving warm, humid or large parts, where the pressure decay method is ineffective Other markets where helium vacuum leak detection has been considered too costly or too complex
• Helium leak detection at the price of pressure decay
• Up to 100 times more sensitive than pressure decay and water bath systems (10-1 to 10-6 mbar l/s)
• Integrated scroll and turbomolecular pumps
• Maintenance-free INFICON Wise Technology™, proven in more than 1,000 systems
• Simple design maximizes reliability, reduces cost of ownership
• Small and light for easy system integration
• Measurements not affected by temperature and humidity
• Designed for automated systems
• Flexible control by PLC, PC or optional display unit
• Storage of parameter settings for easy data transfer